IMPORTANT – COVID PROTOCOLS
Cycle events require the support of a wide variety of stakeholders, including the general public and the providers of village halls, etc. As in all aspects of cycling, it is important for the reputation and perception of the sport, and of its clubs, that in addition to doing the right thing, everyone is also seen to be doing the right thing.
Current Government guidelines emphasise that Coronavirus remains a serious health risk and that we should stay cautious to help protect ourselves and others. Accordingly, the following protocols will apply to the Welland Wonders Audax 2021, these are aimed at ensuring a safe environment for riders and for our many volunteers:
– Competitors MUST NOT attend the event if they are feeling unwell in ANY way
– An elevated heart rate or an exceptionally quick-to-react heart rate during warm up can suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of some kind. If this happens to you, DO NOT start the race. A refund will be provided in these circumstances.
– Entry to the building will be solely for signing on or for the use of toilets. Riders are asked to change in their vehicles or elsewhere and not to use the hall for socialising. Please stay outside as far as possible.
– Riders are asked to wear masks whilst inside the building.
– Hand sanitiser will be available for use at signing on.
– Refreshments will be available and will be served for consumption outside.
– Payment for catering will be by card/phone. Cash will not be accepted